The first thing to do when we try to understand something is to know how a process works. Not only is it important to know but it also presents an opportunity where one can provide solutions in the event of a breakdown. Today, we are talking about solar energy and we are going to try and learn How Solar Power Converts in Electricity. It is interesting and also lets people understand the subtle, yet small world of solar energy on the whole. Let us look at it in detail now.
Solar Energy- A Glimpse
- Solar Energy is if not the best renewable energy source which exists currently, certainly is one of the best favoured and preferred energy sources, and all for a variety of convincing reasons.
- Solar energy is first and foremost, easy to get your hands on, simply because its energy is completely dependent on the sun. It is because of the sun’s rays that energy is formed and this energy can potentially be harnessed forever until the sun stops burning, which won’t happen anytime soon.
- Now that we understand that solar energy is based out of the sun, let us try to understand How Solar Power Converts In Electricity.
- The first thing one needs is a solar panel which is generally attached to the roof of a house or the sides of buildings, etc, wherever one gets the most light from the sun, basically.
- This solar panel is made of PV cells which is what creates the energy by absorbing the sunlight. Since this energy produced is direct and cannot be used without any form of rectification, as this energy if it reaches the household appliances that we use, they might not work or simply burst or become unusable.
- Hence, to avoid this from happening, the inverter is used, which converts the direct energy (DC) to Alternating Current (AC) which is what we generally use in our homes and offices.
- The best thing about Solar Energy is that there is no reason for wastage as the excess energy that is produced is sent to the grid where it is stored. And when there is a reason for energy to be used, it simply draws energy from the gird and thus energy is saved immensely.
- This might seem simple to hear, but the positive consequences that it holds are quite spectacular as there are so many places in the world where there is no proper power available and installation of solar panels would give access to each and every single person good ways to live.
Insights on Solar Power
Now that we understand How Solar Power Converts In Electricity, one can even come up with a basic idea of how to produce such power from the recesses of their homes. Although it might not be as good enough to power an entire home, it is certainly good enough for small appliances and also because it does not do the environment any harm at all. This perhaps is the biggest reason as to why everyone should adapt to solar pretty soon!